Travel is medicine for the soul. If you are a travel lover like me, then you ll agree that there are few things as rewarding as packing a bag and heading out to a new destination. I enjoy exploring new places and venturing into new territories. Most of my travels are on a whim and as a result can also be exhausting and overwhelming when not done right. I believe the first hack to a smooth and stress free trip is PACKING RIGHT. So here are 10 packing tips from a travel lover.
1. Research: Make time for a little research before heading out on a new destination. Asides from the obvious benefit of saving money on cheap flights, proper research affords you a deep insight. Gathering information before hand can be very helpful, you can learn anything from the culture, to places to avoid and even what weather to expect. All these will help you pack and plan for your day to day activities accordingly.
2. Invest in a quality travel bag: This is a major part of your packing strategy. Finding quality backpacks in Nigeria can sometimes prove a challenge but don’t let that stop you. Because using the wrong bag on a trip can be devastating and might even cost you your trip. You’ll need a bag that lets you know where everything is when you need it.
3. Roll not fold or stack: Rolling your clothes is a great way to save space while travelling. Its easy and also helps you keep your clothes wrinkle free. Here’s how you do it: take a pair of pants and fold them lengthwise so that the legs lay on top of each other. Now, start from the cuff and roll your way up. For shirts, place face down, fold arms back, fold lengthwise, and roll up.
4. Bulkier pieces first: When packing, it is best to start with the heavier bulky pieces then work your way to the lighter pieces that can be easily squeezed between spaces.
5. Downsize everything: Why carry your entire bottle of lotion or shampoo with you on a trip? Save space by purchasing travel containers that typically come in 100 ml sizes and less. Also, remember TSA’s 3-1-1 rule for carry-on luggage? If you bring a large bottle of shampoo or a full-size gel deodorant through the security line the TSA will probably confiscate your stuff. So always remember; all liquids brought onto planes must be in 3.4-ounce bottles or smaller and inside a single, clear, quart-size zip-top bag.
6. Select outfits before hand: This hack is especially helpful for last minute packers like me. When you pack last minute, you tend to over pack and sometimes pack all the wrong stuff. Selecting your outfits before hand helps you pack exactly what you will be needing. You can also take a photo of it, that way you always remember to stick to the plan.
7. Use vacuum bags to avoid wrinkles: Another really helpful hack for travelling, you might not have access to professional laundry service but that shouldn’t stop you from looking neat. Clothes that are stored in a vacuum bags will not wrinkle. It is also keeps your clothes from getting stained.
8. Pack versatile clothing: Bring tops that can be worn with more than just one pair of shorts or skirt as they will provide more variety. Packing items like this are the key to a light suitcase. Consider the function when packing. Clothes with neutral colors are always a better fit for times like this.
9. Consider destination buying: Sometimes it is the little things like toiletries that take up the most space in our bags. If you don’t absolutely have to bring it along then maybe you should consider buying your toiletries and other needs when you get to your destination. That way you get to save a little space in your bag
10. Protect your gadgets. There’s no greater woe than losing a gadget on a trip. Some of us cant afford to leave our gadgets behind when travelling, even on holiday. Our best bet is protecting our gadgets and we can do this by investing in a quality Laptop backpack
There are so many ways to make your travels more enjoyable. So if you are dreaming backpacking through Europe or trying to score Cheap Flights from Lagos to New York. I hope these tips helps you improve your travel experience.
What tips have helped you travel better? Please share…xxx