Hi everyone, if you read my post here then you know that I was recently bitten by the adventure bug and I have been seeking out new and exciting places in an attempt to satiate my thirst for adventure. I have finally compiled my adventure bucket list and I will be sharing it in this post.
Here’s a little about the first 10 places I would love to visit to kick start my new adventure hunt.
- Awhum Waterfalls: is located in Amaugwe village, Udi LGA of Enugu State. The fall is about 30 meters high and it is believed that the water has healing powers and can drive away evil spirits. I would certainly like to see that myself. I hear that parts of the water remain warm all thru the year….
- Badagry Slave Route: I have actually been wanting to do this for a while but nothing gets me in my feelings like tales of war and slavery, that has been a deterring factor but i think I am finally ready to walk the path of no return. Badagry also has a lot of historical attractions including the first ever storey building in Nigeria.
- Ezeagu Tourist Complex: This one I’m really looking forward to because the complex features a waterfall, a spring and a cave. I hear the waterfall isn’t so high but is really loud and the locals can tell the start of the harmattan season from the sound of the waterfall
- GET Arena: So i could be wrong because i haven’t really done much in-depth research on this but i think as far as big cities (ie Lagos, Abuja and PH) this is the only place where one can drive a go-cart and that is something I would certainly love to try. The adrenaline rush, the freedom to drive as fast as you can without fear of being hit by a truck lol. Who wouldn’t want that? The GET Arena is situated at Victoria Island, Lagos.
- Idanre hills: Located in the heart of Idanre, Ondo state, it is a sight to behold. The ancient Idanre kingdom, the mausoleum and the thunder water all add to the overall experience of this tourist site.
- Lekki Conservation: The wildlife and serene environment attracted me to this beautiful spot but the canopy walk sealed the deal. I am curious so experience it myself and see how brave i really am.
- National War Museum: Again this is one that I have been putting off for the longest time because, well, i don’t want to have to be too up in my feelings. But it is time to (wo)man up and get it over with. It is located in Umuahia, Abia State and houses some of the relics from the Biafran war era and Ojukwu’s bunker. I am certain that this is bound to leave me in my feelings but its a small price to pay for the experience.
- Nike art gallery: This one I am actually really looking forward to, three floors of various art works from different Nigerian artist. I don’t know if I can contain myself, I also look forward to visiting other art galleries like Terrakulture and Rele Art gallery. It is sure to be a blast. Check out their website here
- Ogbunike cave: The Ogba cave is now popularly known as ogbunike cave, named after the town where the cave is located. It has a strong spiritual significance to the people of that region. every year the Ime Ogbe festival is celebrated to commemorate the discover of the cave and is sufficiently bounded to protect it from human encroachment.
- Udi hills: Located in Enugu state rise over 200 meteres above sea level. It is arguably the biggest tourist attraction in the area. it said that the old cola mines and miners camp that was built at the foot of the hill in the 1900s is still open to tourists till date, i intend to find that out myself.
There are several other fascinating places that i would love to visit eventually, but i guess this is a good start. I cant wait to visit these amazing places and share my adventures with you.
Is there any other place you think should make my list? Have you visited any of these places? Please feel free to drop your comments!
PS: Apolgies for the poor photographs, they were all sourced randomly off the internet. When I do visit these places I promise to supply much better photographs for your viewing pleasure….xxx